No results yet from the blood tests or the X-ray. I did call the doctor’s surgery on Friday on the off chance 5 days meant 5 days, but I guess they meant 6!
I tried to ignore the wait for the results and try and train this week. A very easy turbo on Monday evening and Wednesday evening and a swim on Tuesday and a review on Thursday.
Monday’s turbo was OK, but I had to work late Tuesday so I missed the swim session. I did the easy turbo Wednesday and agreed to do the missed swim set on Thursday instead. But again I had to work late Thursday and didn’t get in from work until after 9pm. So I missed the swim set entirely this week.
A rest day Friday. Then was at work all day Saturday and at my brothers 30th Birthday party last night. So a bit of a hangover today!
I am sitting watching the football as I type trying to decide whether to go and do a turbo or go for a swim or just sack this week off.
For me it is all about getting the test results (and hopefully the all clear) and then next week and the next 22 weeks. Then I can finally get this year off to a proper start. Next week is a nightmare in the shaping too as I am out at work events Tuesday and Thursday evening. But I HAVE to start training or I am not going to be ready for Austria.
I need to get some solid training under my belt for all of February, then look for some events in March. The Ball Buster is out of the question I think being on the 1st March. But there are a couple of cycling sportives I could do and a half marathon if Mark thinks they are a good idea. April I then have a two week break in Egypt which will be a full on boot camp.
All of the above assumes the test results are OK and the virus I had has cleared up. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for reading.